RILTA Environmental is the largest lead acid battery recycler in Ireland. We provide an extensive nationwide collection service. RILTA provides bunded battery boxes complete with lids to our customers. Batteries are collected and transported in accordance with the ADR regulations and waste management legislation. All batteries are processed at RILTA’s EPA licensed facility. Batteries are then exported under TFS (Transfrontier Shipment) documentation for recycling at authorised European smelters.
The lead is smelted and re-cast into ingots or other lead products, battery acid is used in the production of gypsum, the plastic is reprocessed into new plastic. This closed loop process ensures that all batteries are recycled in an environmentally friendly and compliant manner.
- Authorised battery collector
- Nationwide transportation by drivers insured for the carriage and handling of batteries and who are HazChem and Safe Pass trained
- Batteries decommissioned and removed nationwide
- Environmentally friendly and compliant battery recycling and disposal
- Supply of high density polyethylene containers for safe storage of used batteries
- Emergency Response 24/7 ( +353 1 4018000)