Biological & Ecological Services
The complex demands placed on our natural resources may result in changes to ecosystems. As a result, environmental problems arise that require creative and effective solutions. For the past 35 years, Kinnetic Laboratories has proven our ability to plan, implement, and conduct comprehensive biological and ecological studies that studies that encompass a diversity of biological regimes. Studies address both existing and potential future impacts to ecosystems as a result of natural and man-induced alterations to the environment.
The need to understand marine ecosystems is extremely important to managers and planners concerned with integrating resource utilization and conservation. Kinnetic Laboratories offers consulting services that range from monitoring the impacts of offshore drilling operations to understanding the dynamics of benthic and intertidal communities.
Kinnetic laboratories services in this field include:
- Hard and soft bottom benthic surveys.
- Rocky intertidal ecological studies including recolonization and habitat recovery.
- State-of-the-art deep sea Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) photoquadrat sampling.
- Studies of bioaccumulation of toxic substances in marine and freshwater organisms and vegetation.
- Fish migration, life-history, and population baseline studies.
- Marine mammal surveys.
- Biological assessments of rare, threatened, and endangered species.
- Impact studies, including National Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA) for petroleum product and hazardous chemical spills.
- Ecological Risk Assessments.