Bleacher Safety Consultants
Improperly designed or outdated bleachers can be a significant liability for school districts, park boards and owners of sports facilities. They may represent a serious safety hazard for people attending sporting events and school presentations. However, schools and parks can improve the safety of their bleachers by complying with Minnesota Statute 16B.616 and by following safety guidelines issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Consultants at IEA can assist with bleacher safety issues
To determine whether the bleachers in your facility meet the guidelines, school or park management should arrange for an inspection. At the Institute for Environmental Assessment, Inc. (IEA), our safety engineers provide a variety of services, including inspections, to schools, parks and other entities with bleachers on the property. IEA, founded in 1984, serves Minnesota, Nebraska and beyond with health and safety consulting on a wide range of issues.
IEA’s bleacher inspection and project management services
Some of our services related to bleacher safety include:
- Assess bleacher safety risk, including inspecting the operation of folding bleachers, hardware, seats, rails, skirts and all other components
- Prepare documentation, evaluation and recommendations for repair, retrofitting or replacement of bleachers or individual parts. Documentation includes photographs, schematics and references to relevant safety codes
- Design a maintenance schedule for bleachers
- Arrange for repair or replacement of worn, broken or missing bleacher components
- Develop restoration plans for worn bleachers that are sensitive to both the client’s budget and the aesthetic appeal of traditional bleachers