Bowtie Hazard Management Services
From Consulting Service
Most risk assessments present a snapshot of the controls in place for a hazard at a particular moment in time. What is often missing is the link between the controls as they are today and the systems for ensuring they will continue to be effective tomorrow.
Risktec consultants are world leaders in the use of the bowtie method to overcome this problem. The method is easy to understand, encourages involvement and ownership, and enables the practical implementation of hazard management at the operational level, through responsibilities for hardware, procedural and competence systems. Our bowtie services include:
- Developing bowties for HSSE or business risks
- Facilitating bowtie workshops
- Training in the bowtie method and software tools
- Layer of protection analysis (LOPA)
- Identifying safety-critical elements and competency requirements
- Developing bowtie information for hazard and risk awareness
- Incident investigation
- Management control reviews
- Developing audit protocols
We use the software tool to efficiently implement the complete bowtie methodology.