Brownfields are pre-used properties where the stigma of pollution hinders development. These projects can be complex and often need extra care.
The Superfund Reauthorization of 2002 (aka Brownfields Act) may have ushered in a new era of brownfield redevelopment, but AET has been helping clients redevelop blighted properties since long before the word “brownfield” entered common parlance. As regulatory and voluntary programs become more complex, it is essential to involve qualified environmental consultants early in the planning process. Since older industrial districts once abandoned to blight have proven to be attractive foundations for revitalizing communities, AET’s brownfield consulting services are a better value now than ever before.
AET’s Hydrogeological Services Group can help navigate the harrowing brownfield process:
- Environmental Due Diligence such as Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments
- Petroleum or Hazardous Substance Investigations & Risk Assessments
- Testing of soil, bedrock, groundwater, surface water, soil gas, indoor air, or other
- Feasibility Studies & Response Action Plans detailing remediation approaches
- Winning Grant/Reimbursement Applications to help spur investigation/cleanup activities
- Field Implementation of site cleanups; On-Site Real-Time Testing where appropriate
- Engineered Systems to mitigate residual concerns (e.g., sub-slab vapors)
- Geotechnical Consulting Services to optimize cleanup strategies for construction
We recognize that every site is unique. Although a phased approach to brownfields is ideal, our team has developed considerable expertise in resolving concerns swiftly at whichever stage our help is enlisted. AET’s enterprising team of professionals includes engineers, geologists, and other scientists, dedicated to serving a diverse public and private clientele.
Consultants aren’t all the same. In a busy market, it is prudent to ask “Why choose AET?”
- AET Delivers - the client’s interests come first… period. It’s who we are.
- AET Knows soil better than anyone - we are a well-grounded company with roots in geotechnical & construction testing services; we actually do the field work ourselves.
- AET is Quality - our field and laboratory staff is trained above and beyond prevailing standards. AET’s Quality Assurance Program is unmatched in the region.
- AET Offers Real Answers - it is vital to integrate a thorough understanding of soil conditions, earthwork, and construction to assure the most pragmatic, efficient, and economical approach to environmental contamination on redevelopment sites.
- AET Works well with others - our quality reports & longstanding working relationships with regulators make them glad to hear from AET, often resulting in win-win solutions.
- AET Means Service that is truly value-added - we have demonstrated considerable success in winning federal, state, and local grants totaling over $10M for client projects.