From Industry Solutions
The chemical industry has been managing many types of solid, gaseous, and liquid byproducts for many decades now. It’s understandable that chemical industry executives would be tempted to believe that anticipated Greenhouse Gas regulations can by managed by applying existing management processes to a few new compounds.
Environmental challenges facing chemical processors today go far beyond new air emissions regulations. Consumers worldwide are becoming increasingly interested in using their buying power to reduce their impacts on the environment, and the companies that create products for them are responding to their demands. Those companies are taking an increasingly critical look at the contents of their product inputs and the environmental performance of their suppliers. Chemical processors need to identify key sustainability issues, develop strategies to address them, and execute effectively.
metavû helps clients in the chemical industries define, develop and implement sustainable strategies that grow shareholder value. metavû’s practice areas and analytical methodologies help chemical processors answer tough strategic questions related to sustainability and the environment:
- What would an objective assessment of our environmental performance tell us?
- How does our environmental performance measure up to that of our competitors’?
- What will our environmental performance need to be in the future?
- What capabilities, processes, and systems do we need to reach our environmental performance goals?
- Are our production processes configured to continuously reduce resource inputs and waste streams?
- To what extent are our products and business models threatened with substitution by more environmentally sound or sustainable options?
- What strategies should we employ to address these issues?
From performance in the Environmental/Health/Safety function to innovation in product and process development, metavû can help your organization prepare to meet tomorrow’s market demands.