Container Cleaning Services
The containers used to transport and store chemicals must be cleaned before being filled with a different product or prior to inspection. We offer a cleaning service for containers with a volume of 1 m³ or more, such as intermediate bulk containers (IBCs) and road and rail tank trucks. The cleaning process is selected depending on the last load. The containers are then air-dried before a final check is performed. Residues, wastewater and waste air resulting from the cleaning process are treated or disposed of in our own facilities. We thus offer an environmentally compatible full-service cleaning solution.
- We undertake all work associated with cleaning large containers – from selecting a suitable cleaning process through to the final check and disposal of the wastewater and waste air generated.
- Clean containers prevent cross-contamination of your chemicals, thus ensuring the high quality of your end products.
- In addition to the wastewater and waste air generated in the cleaning process, we also dispose of residual quantities of substances removed from the containers in our own treatment and incineration facilities, thus minimizing hazards to the environment.
You benefit from the extensive chemical and technical expertise we have acquired over many years. We are thus able to handle containers holding residual amounts of substances that could result in severe (organic) contamination of the cleaning water. We not only clean the containers but also have the facilities to treat the wastewater and waste air resulting from the cleaning process ourselves. This ensures environmentally friendly disposal. Our local presence and direct rail connections keep down the cost of the logistics of transporting the containers.
We offer a cleaning service for the following types of containers:
- Intermediate bulk containers: We clean IBCs made of stainless steel
- Road tank trucks: The tank is fixed to the vehicle. These include normal tank trucks, silo trucks, suction tankers etc.
- Containers: These are autonomous and can be removed from the vehicle at any time. They include ISO containers, mobile tanks, etc.
- Rail tank trucks: Containers fixed to the rail wagon
Steps in the cleaning process:
- Washing with water and detergents, cold or hot (60 °C)
- Spraying with water jets at low to very high pressure (5 to 2,000 bar)
- Steam cleaning at 6 bar
- Drying with air, cold or hot
- Final check
- Disposal of wastewater and waste air in our own wastewater treatment plant or multi-stage waste air scrubber and/or thermal waste air treatment facility