Due Diligence Plus is Axion’s service for investors in technology-based resource recovery business plans. Axion can provide technical, operational, market and commercial Due Diligence Plus advice to support investment decisions in new plants or process expansions. We work primarily in the waste recovery sector, offering advice on process design, technology and equipment selection, operating and capital costs, market and supply chain information and financial planning.
The ‘Plus’ is that we include an additional step in our service compared with normal ‘arms length’ due diligence. Axion will challenge or verify the assumptions within the business plan by carrying out fresh bespoke market research, for example, to fill gaps on raw material availability and prices.
We can carry out practical sampling and analysis work to confirm waste stream composition, or run plant trials to validate critical separation efficiencies in the process mass balance.
Our skilled team of engineers can use their commercial operating experience to advise on equipment choice and how to improve plant layout to reduce technical risk. We can assess business plans, and provide expert, independent testimony on:
- Technology options, processing issues and associated risk factors.
- Operational assumptions on cost, equipment performance, downtime and quality.
- Market factors for both inward supply and output product sales.
- Financial analysis, including P & L, cash flow and balance sheet forecasts for the investment.
- Sensitivity analysis to establish which elements of the plan have major impact on profitability and return.
- Management Team – suitability for the job, highlighting gaps in the skills and how they could be filled.