Environmental Remediation Wells & Services
When drilling environmental remediation wells, horizontal wells are compatible with most in-situ remediation schemes and are a preferred delivery method for many technologies. DTD environmental remediation services currently use horizontal wells primarily for soil vapor extraction (SVE), various forms of sparging or biosparging, and groundwater extraction. It is also possible to introduce nutrients or even innoculate contaminated areas with biological agents to facilitate cleanup.
- Placing leak detection sensors beneath solid or hazardous waste landfills
- Installing gas collection systems at landfills or similar waste dumps
- Stabilizing hillsides for mine waste dumps or other unstable granular soil masses
- Installing groundwater collection galleries in shallow aquifers for private or public water supply
- Conveying fluids between vertical wells and treatment facilities
The available roster of treatment technologies is constantly expanding. As new methods are conceived, DTD adapts our equipment and installation techniques to continue to offer state-of-the-art technology for solutions to unique engineering challenges.