Expertise & Standardisation Services
Staff members of ESU-services work in several international and national organisations as experts for the development of standards, laws or guidelines for life cycle assessment.
Some of these development processes are listed below:
- Nestle Zukunfts Forum: Wie viel Umwelt kosten Lebensmittel?
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change UNFCCC
- UNEP-SETAC life cycle initiative. Development of methodological guidelines
- New Greenhouse Gas Protocoll Standard, Process organized by World Ressource Institute (WRI) and World Buisness Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- CEN TC 350 standard: Sustainability assessment of buildings
- CEN TC 383 standard: Sustainably produced biomass for energy applications
- Swiss law on tax exemption for biofuels (Treibstoff-Ökobilanz-Verordnung)
- SIA commission 2032: Technical bulletin on embodied energy and carbon footprints of buildings
- SIA commission 493: environmental declaration of building materials