Groundwater Contamination Services
From Groundwater Services
Potential sources of groundwater contamination include landfill sites (sanitary and hazardous wastes), leaks and spills from petroleum, septic and chemical storage tanks, tailings dams, radioactive waste and the use of herbicides, pesticides and fertilisers for agricultural purposes. Prevention detection and control requires effective containment and management techniques.
DP provides expertise in:
- Site contamination assessment;
- Underground storage tank evaluation;
- Contaminant (leachate) flow studies;
- Installation monitoring wells and groundwater monitoring;
- Assessment of contaminant levels;
- Design of landfills, dams and tailings dams;
- Contaminant transport modelling;
- Containment and clean-up strategies.