Technical expertise to identify and implement management solutions for all aspects of indoor air quality. Indoor air quality is an issue of increasing importance within the built environment. As the average individual spends a large proportion of time indoors, and with the presence of small amounts of contaminants magnified by being contained, the quality of the indoor environment can have a significant impact on the occupants’ perception of the workplace and their health.
In the most extreme cases, poor air quality can lead to high numbers of building occupants suffering from work place related illnesses, referred to as ‘Sick Building Syndrome’. However, more commonly encountered are building related illnesses where a few individuals become sensitised to microbial or chemical contaminants.
First Environment provides a range of services designed to identify the most appropriate strategy for managing indoor air quality at your location.
Our air related services include:
- Indoor air quality monitoring
- Investigation of odour, health and comfort complaints
- Inspection of mechanical ventilation systems
- Local exhaust ventilation system assessment
- Toxic fungi and mould surveys
- Clean room testing
- Preparation of policy documents and record systems
- Independent on-going inspection and audit