Noise Code Compliance Service
AKRF's experts have worked on a wide variety of noise code-related projects in various municipalities throughout the northeast. In addition, we have extensive experience with the New York City Noise Control Code, and several of our experts are New York City Department of Environmental Protection-Approved Noise Consultants.
AKRF’s acousticians undertake analyses to ensure that noise sources—such as combustion turbines and generators at power facilities and outdoor mechanical equipment at residential and commercial sites—meet applicable local, state, and federal noise codes.
The scope of our services includes:
- Indoor/outdoor mechanical equipment testing
- Field testing of sound transmission class (STC) and impact insulation class (IIC)
- Acoustical design and/or mitigation measure/noise control recommendations
- Commercial music noise surveys (New York City)
- Site-specific noise mitigation plans for construction sites (New York City)