From Recycling Areas
The Eldan refrigerator recycling plant is designed for processing refrigerators operating with CFC/pentane gasses in order to prevent harmful substances to evaporate into the atmosphere and to achieve the most efficient recycling of the solid materials. A complete refrigerator recycling system includes everything from pre-chopping to separation of the material.
The system downsizes and separates the refrigerator into Fe (smaller than 30 mm, ready for re-sale), PUR pellets (usable for incineration plants, rest gas in the pellets less than 0,2%), Organic (mostly plastic smaller than 40 mm, ready for re-sale) and Non-ferrous metals (smaller than 40mm, ready for re-sale). The standard system can handle up to 80 refrigerators/production hour.
The Eldan system is designed for recycling of refrigerators operating with CFC/pentane gasses/fluid in order to prevent harmful substances to evaporate into the atmosphere and to achieve the most efficient recycling of the solid materials. The plant is constructed for crushing of refrigerators of up to a maximum size of 2000 x 1200 x 1000 mm. Larger fridges must be reduced in size prior to processing.
The refrigerator is downsized and separated into;
- Fe (smaller than 40 mm, ready for re-sale)
- PUR pellets (usable for incineration plants, rest gas in the pellets less than 0,2%)
- Organic (mostly plastic smaller than 40 mm, ready for re-sale)
- Non-ferrous metals (smaller than 40mm, ready for re-sale)
The maintaining of the refrigerator is degasified into:
- Stage I: Oil and CFC/pentane/butane gasses are sucked to the CFC/oil suction unit. The gas is separated from the oil and the gas is collected in closed gas vessels. The oil is pumped out into an open vessel. Rest gas in the oil is less 0,05%. The gas is recovered up to 99%.
- Stage II: Some of the nitrogen used to reduce the oxygen level in the cutting chamber of the fridge tower is recovered and recycled in a closed circuit system to minimize the consumption. The gasses are collected in closed gas vessels. The gas is recovered up to 99%.
Example of standard set-up: 1. Pre-handling, 2. CFC/Oil Suction Unit (Degasification stage I), 3+4. Super Chopper and Heavy Pre-Granulator, 5. Zig-Zag Wind Separator, 6. Pelletizer and Pellet Press (PUR), 7. Overband magnet., 8. Eddy Current Separator, 9. CFC/Pentane Liquefaction System. A. pre-handling, B. shredding, C. separation, D: degasification stage I and E: degasification stage II.
The standard setup of a complete Eldan Refridgerator Recycling System includes everything from pre-chopping to separation. This is also the starting point when plants are tailored to suit specific customer requirements. The standard systems can handle up to 40-50 or 70-80 refrigerators/hr.