Remediation and Legacy Liability
In today's market, high-performance remediation management organizations make tangible contributions to the top- and bottom-line. The benefits in risk mitigation, cost reduction and profit opportunity are compelling many companies to assess the opportunity. This is the kind of 'capital stewardship' shareholders have come to expect from top performing companies.
Experience informs our point of view - that remediation must be managed like a business. MetaVu's Remediation and Legacy Liability Practice focuses on outcomes and return on investment. We collaborate with clients to deploy the optimal structure of strategy, processes, tools and human capital required to discharge liability within appropriate regulatory channels at the lowest lifecycle cost.
Regulatory risk, core-business impacts, and pace to closure are just a few of the elements that drive strategy execution, project schedule and cost risk of remediation projects. How these elements are integrated into a risk-based end-use scenario exemplifies the differentiation in approach and competitive advantage for high-performance environmental organizations.
MetaVu collaborates with clients to architect and execute the optimal business strategy designed to mitigate risk and long-term liability. We help clients answer questions like:
- What’s the optimal business model for discharging our legacy liability?
- What are the performance measures that drive alignment and execution?
- How can we best allocate resources to our highest risk sites?
- Is our real estate portfolio optimized to mitigate carrying costs and create potential revenue streams?
Our experienced professionals understand the value of a 'sustainable remedy' -- whether operating asset liability, acquisition and divestiture legacy or decommissioned assets requiring address to minimize footprint and optimize end-use real estate potential — to help execute the optimal risk-based end-use scenario at an appropriate pace to closure.
MetaVu's Quattro Model has been designed specifically to build organizational capabilities in restoration and legacy liability management.
Improving Remediation and Legacy Liability Performance
To minimize corporate risk EHS functions must improve restoration and legacy liability effectiveness in several critical capabilities:
- Portfolio Management, project stratification and prioritization;
- Resource and organizational design optimization;
- Project Management and Site Resolution process improvement and metrics;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Valuation and risk management.
Remediation Management: Cost Center, Risk Mitigation Service, or Source of Value?
Many executives perceive EHS functions in general, and restoration and legacy liability management specifically, as a risk mitigation service at best and a cost center at worst. Only the most enlightened leaders believe that top restoration and legacy liability performance is a source of competitive advantage and shareholder value. MetaVu has helped clients in many industries seize these opportunities.
How can MetaVu Help?
MetaVu’s experience in industries with heavy environmental footprints (including Chemicals, Manufacturing, Mining, Oil and Gas, Transportation, and Utilities) help the company deliver exceptional value to its clients through the Restoration and Legacy Liability Management Practice. Services include:
- Definition, development, and implementation of management strategies;
- Performance assessment and peer benchmarking;
- Organizational and process design evaluation and optimization;
- Development of performance measurement metrics;
- Identification and enhancement of organizational capabilities, management systems, and tools.