Seismic Data Processing Services
Geofizyka Torun (GT) has been providing services in digital seismic data processing since 1972. The experience gained in key basins of Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East allows us to provide high quality services in processing of land, marine, and transition zone data regardless of complexity of particular geology.
In seismic data processing, GT offer comprehensive packages of technology dedicated to:
prospection for reservoirs of hydrocarbons
- Unconventional: tight gas, shale gas
- Conventional: structural, litho-facial
search for deposits
- Geothermal water
- Raw materials such as: lignite, copper, sulfur
carry out geological, engineering, and scientific projects
- Design of underground storages of natural gas
- Design underground storages for CO2 sequestration
- Research and Development tasks
Our clients Hold us in high esteem especially for solving complex problems related to processing of land data. High level of factual knowlege, experience, and skills of GT engineers are invaluable in cases of processing land data from areas of complex near-suface (post-glacial LVL, deserts, transition zones, marshes, and river estuaries), and deep geology (bottom of Zechstein, structures below Zechstein, foothills, salt structures, overthrusts, areas of velocity anomalies in upper intervals, as in Malm deposits of Oxfordian, or basalt sheets), where it comes to solving difficult static corrections, wavelet shaping, attenuation of multiple reflections, removal of noise, and building velocity-anisotropy models for depth imaging.
In prospection for unconventional resources, dedicated 3D seismic technology is being applied: full azimuth with long offsets as well as processing of converted wave data (3C). We perform processing and analysis of seismic data for identificatin and quantification of rock stress, level of fracturing, and geomechanical parameters by means of of analyses: anisotropy of sediments, AVO, AVAZ, VVAZ, and seismic inversion. That makes feasible identification of the most prospective areas and intervals called sweet spots.
GT operates software package which is also equipped with advanced algorithms of prestack migration (time and depth with anisotropy) and efficient tools to build model of investigated space. The model can be isotropic, or any type of anisotropy: VTI, HTI, or TTI. That enables effective prospection for hydrocarbon-saturated bodies as well as reliable description of their reservoir characteristics, and what is basic, essentially reduces level of prospection risk.
The latest GT solutions in processing technology, including GT proprietary software and methods, are applied to:
- Processing and reprocessing of seismic land and marine data
- Estimation of static corrections initial and residual
- Noise elimination, regularization, and interpolation of missing data
- Wavelet processing
- Reconstruction of amplitude relations
- Building of velocity/anisotropy model of the media, and preSTM
- Depth imaging. Included are: model building and prestack migration, with options going beyond Kirchhoff method, e.g. RTM. Modules of the package work either in isotropic or anisotropic modes: VTI, HTI, TTI.
- Shale gas prospection
- Resrvoir-grade processing of seismic data
- Converted wave seismic processing ( 3C )
- High-resolution seismic data processing
- Application of synthetic data to calibrate processing method and results.
Adjustment of particular methodology to geologic target, characteristics of available input data, and to expectations of client are fundamental to seismic data processing offered by GT.
Seismic data processing department continuously upgrades processing technology, monitors geologic challenges and emerging seismic ideas to keep pace to current needs of market. Main R&D projects are focused on effective use of resources of the available software and its flexibility, implementation of new software, and also creation and implementation of proprietary solutions.
Cooperation with Polish academic institutions (Oil and Gas Institute, Technical University of Mining and Metalurgy), trainings and workshops delivered by top professionals, and GT schedule of internal trainings are means to ensure necessary technology development, maintain high level of services, and competitiveness of seismic data processing technology delivered by GT.
Architecture of hardware and software used in data processing is based on cluster technology run under Linux, on network of IBM and SUN servers with ZFS disc matrices. Selected organisational solutions in conjunction to available processing power allow for execution of projects with deadlines acceptable to clients. That brings further reduction of service costs.