Site Assessment & Investigation Services
INTERA's site assessment and investigation services are designed to provide clients with the technical information needed to make sound business decisions. Since many site investigations are regulatory-driven, our scientific and engineering professionals offer in-depth experience with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and bring to our clients an up-to-date understanding of environmental regulations and procedures.
The information obtained from our assessment activities is followed by expert advice. We draw upon expertise gained from investigative activities at a wide variety of sites including petroleum refineries and tank farms, chemical manufacturing plants, fire training areas, aircraft maintenance facilities, manufactured gas plants, landfills, brownfield properties, and mining complexes. If contaminants are detected, we determine the nature and extent of the problem and work with clients to design the most effective course of action.
Our site assessment and investigation services include:
- historical review and evaluation of existing data
- site investigation work plans
- site investigation activities:
- drilling programs
- surface and borehole geophysics
- soil gas surveys
- sampling of soils, sediments, surface water, groundwater, and wastes
- aquifer hydraulic and tracer testing
- data analysis
- risk assessments
- feasibility studies
- documentation of assessment results