Outotec is a global leader in the design, fabrication and supply of thickening, paste thickening and clarifying solutions to the mineral, chemical and waste water treatment industries. The revolutionary Outotec High Rate Thickener concept has pioneered and redefined the methods of clarification and thickening around the world. With more than 1,400 thickener installations in over 70 countries in the last 20 years alone, Outotec knows how to provide process solutions to enable longer-term cost benefits for thickening and clarification duties and paste applications. Outotec High Rate, High Compression and Paste Thickeners, formerly marketed under Supaflo brand, include a number of innovative features in their design. Special attention is given to the engineering design of feedwells, rake profiles, drive systems and control strategies to meet the challenge of dewatering materials that are often problematic for normal thickeners.
A number of significant thickening advances during the last 15 years, several of which have been patented, include low profile triangular rake arms to reduce rake torque, Outotec Directional Autodil™ and Outotec Turbodil™ – the world’s first thickening systems to auto-dilute feed, thereby optimizing performance and flocculant consumption, Outotec FrothBuster™ deaerator to reduce the amount of froth forming on the surface of thickeners, automatic de-scaling of thickener rakes and the complete redesign of thickener drives to use low-cost, efficient epicyclic gearboxes.
Through many years of internal research and rigorous site test work, Outotec Vane Feedwell™ was developed. It incorporates a cutting-edge design and is the first major innovation in the thickening industry since self-diluting systems such as Autodil™ were introduced. Outotec Vane Feedwell™ incorporates a total of seven global patents in its unique design. One of many design features is the interconnected upper and lower zones.
Our experience in test work, design, operation, installation and service of thickeners and clarifiers throughout the world is your guarantee of quality. Through Outotec’s leading thickening and clarifying technologies evolving through extensive continuous research and development, you will benefit from the following:
Low capital cost
- Optimized design
- High rate units reduce area by up to 90%
- Precise test work procedures allow accurate sizing
Low operating cost
- Patented dilution systems minimize flocculant consumption
- Vane Feedwell ensures efficient flocculation and highly efficient thickener operation
- Simple control system provides stability in operation
- Bench-scale and pilot tests provide data for direct scale-up and written process guarantees
- Patented ”low drag” rake arm reduces torque loading on drive
- Proven hydraulic drive and rake lift offers three levels of system protection
- Robust control system
Short delivery time
- Full range of CAD designs can be quickly tailored to customers’ needs
- Global sourcing network
- Laboratory and on-site testing
- Design offices in North America, Australia, China, South America, Europe and South Africa
- Ongoing process and technical support provided through local offices