From Asset Management
Asset management is part art and part science, balancing the level of service provided to customers, with the risks associated with delivering that service, all while providing service at equitable costs to today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
HMM has collaborated on a variety of significant initiatives with our water and wastewater clients, including: strategic planning, service level review and measurement, risk characterization, rehabilitation / renewal forecasting and prioritization of capital works programs. .
The Asset Management Practices and Business Processes”
Fundamental to asset management is a set of practices which seeks to answer some simple questions:
- What do you have?
- What condition is it in and how does this relate to current asset performance and overall risk associated with the asset?
- What is its remaining useful life, current value, and replacement value?
- What combination of maintenance activities results in the lowest costs while providing adequate service?
- Will the asset meet future needs?
- What are the alternatives for renewing the asset (e.g., rehabilitation versus replacement)?
Through collaboration with our clients, HMM has developed and implemented the information systems needed for water and wastewater including:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Hydraulic Models
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)