Water Resource Planning Services
From Water Resource
The elements that define water resources include the quantity and quality aspects of flowing waters, groundwater, and impounded waters and their different uses. The availability of fresh water resources varies in time and place in response to environmental, economic and legislative constraints.
HLS provides data, analysis and advisory services to clients in addressing pressures on fresh water resources in the United Kingdom, but many of these issues are relevant to water management in different parts of the world.
Our water resources policy development and review service covers:
- Development of regulatory incentives & metrics (including the Abstraction Incentive Mechanism, for Ofwat)
- Development of environmental and ecological flow targets and policies
- Review of Habitats Directive & Water Framework Directive studies and determinations
- Development and review of supply-demand data-driven performance indicators for water and wastewater.
Our services related to statutory Water Resources Management Plans covers:
- Demand forecasting
- Deployable output (DO) analyses
- Uncertainty and risk analysis including determination of headroom and outage
- Levels of service (reliability), resilience and vulnerability assessments
- Supply-demand balance
- Water resource economic appraisals
- Climate change impact assessments
Statutory Drought Plans cover:
- Characterisation of droughts
- Evaluation of monitoring and management procedures
- Analysis of drought management actions
- Water resource and environmental impacts of droughts and mitigation
- Climate change impact and adaptation assessments