From Water Services
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants is a leader among the nation’s water consulting firms, providing services in water resource management, water systems, and drinking water quality. The vision, reliability and technical excellence of our engineering solutions have established our position at the forefront of the industry. We continue to lead the field through our involvement in state and national water policy organizations and our work in such areas as high-rate treatment processes, corrosion control strategies, and regulatory compliance issues.
WATERSHEDS, WATER QUALITY, STREAMS, RIVERS, WETLANDS
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants provides expertise ranging from detailed scientific assessments to big-picture watershed management. We have the technical know-how, regulatory experience, and a commitment to public service help protect our natural resources through the cycle of supply, use, treatment, and return.
- Water supply, stormwater, and watershed management plans
- Characterization, modeling, and monitoring
- BMP manuals and low-impact development practices
- Regulatory negotiations, EIR review, permitting
- TMDL assessments and recommendations
- Environmental risk assessments
- Wetlands and riparian design and restoration
- Stream and floodplain assessments
- Erosion and sediment control
- Habitat enhancement and hydrologic monitoring
From flow to financing: we combine practical knowledge of funding, infrastructure, and information technology with decades of experience helping utilities.
- Master plans, demand forecasts, source identification
- Water rights
- Condition, capacity, energy assessments
- Asset inventory management (CMOM and GASB-34)
- Utility and asset valuation
- Rate and revenue studies
- Capital improvement plans
- Funding assistance
From exploratory drilling to hydrogeologic analysis, Kennedy/Jenks is experienced with water wells includes equipment selection, construction management, and data analysis.
- Pilot, test, and production wells
- Groundwater exploration
- Hydraulic modeling
- Aquifer storage and recovery (ASR) wells
WATER STORAGE FACILITIES
Planning, design, and construction services of dams and reservoirs, canal structures, channel improvements, detention basins, water tanks, clearwells, and irrigation basins.
- Feasibility and cost/benefit studies
- Hydrologic modeling
- Environmental impacts and site surveys
- Rights-of-way acquisition
We provide leading-edge methods for treating drinking water (surface water and groundwater).
- Alternative analyses
- Facility upgrades and process optimization
- Conventional and alternative technologies
- Reverse osmosis
- Electrodialysis reversal/electro-deionization
- Corrosion control
- Design, construction management, startup
- O&M manuals and training
DISTRIBUTION AND PUMPING
Our systems and pump stations are efficient, economical, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Pipe condition assessment
- Design of new and rehabilitated systems
- Corrosion monitoring and protection
- Cost evaluation, funding, and easement assistance
- Environmental impact assessment