AFMG Reflex - Two-Dimensional Acoustics Simulation Software
From AFMG - Architectural Acoustics & Electro-Acoustic Modelling, Simulation & Analysis Software
AFMG Reflex is a two-dimensional acoustics simulation software to model the reflection, diffusion, and scattering of a sound wave incident upon a defined geometrical structure.
Within AFMG Reflex the shape of the reflective surface is entered as a two-dimensional cross-section as would be seen from overhead looking down at the shape. Reflex assumes that this cross-sectional geometry extends infinitely in the third dimension, i.e. into and out of the computer monitor screen. The surface defined by this geometry is also assumed to be perfectly rigid. This means the surface is 100% reflective and does not in any way absorb sound or allow sound to be transmitted through it.
These assumptions are required for the mathematical approach that Reflex is using. It is based on the Boundary Element Method (BEM) to calculate the reflection, diffusion, and scattering properties of the surface. The reflective properties are displayed as a polar response graph for any angle of incidence and frequency of a sound wave. The scattering and diffusion coefficients are displayed as frequency response graphs.
The calculation of the scattering coefficients is based on the work of Mommertz, Vorländer, and ISO 17497-1. The calculation of the diffusion coefficients is according to Cox and D’Antonio and to the ISO 17497-2 standard which is currently in preparation.
The Basic version has the following limitations:
- Only one model can be loaded into the program at a time,
- A maximum of 20 elements can be used in a model,
- No export of data to an EASE material file.
- Easy and quick entry of the geometry of the diffuser or structured surface, by means of rectangular, triangular, sinusoidal and circular elementary shapes.
- Numerous element editing functions including copy & paste, duplicate, flip and drag & drop.
- Room outline view with loudspeakers and listener position.
- Simultaneous examination of several diffuser models.
- Spatial response plot for investigation of the reflected and scattered sound wave as a function of the angle of incidence and reflection.
- Overlay functions for comparison of results at multiple frequencies, multiple angles or of multiple models.
- Coefficients plot with scattering coefficient, diffusion coefficient and normalized diffusion coefficient.
- Data smoothing functions.
- Result output to a editable and printable format, such as RTF and PDF, as well as to various bitmap formats, such as BMP and PNG.
- Scattering coefficients can be saved directly as EASE wall materials (MAT).
No reviews were found for AFMG Reflex - Two-Dimensional Acoustics Simulation Software. Be the first to review!