This latest release of CANWETTM is VB.Net database-driven and web-aware, and features an integrated open source GIS environment. Its relative ease of use and ability to take advantage of commonly available spatial data makes it a solid choice over other continuous models with greater data input requirements. This 'All-In-One' software suite allows you to begin your project without requiring expensive prerequisite software to use in tandem.
Since 2003, CANWETTM has been used for Assimilative Capacity Studies; Watershed and Sub-watershed Studies; Master Drainage Plans; Infrastructure Planning; and, Source Water Protection Studies. Various versions of the GWLF engine that is incorporated into CANWETTM have also been applied in numerous studies worldwide.
CANWETTM (v 4.2) offers an extensive range of features and useful tools including:
- Daily time-step simulation engine for hydrology, hydraulics and water quality.
- Integrated and flexible charting and mapping of simulated output.
- Comprehensive Beneficial Management Practice (BMP) routines.
- Integrated hydraulic routing of in-stream water quality concentrations and flows.
- Integrated climate change scenario analysis tools (including climate data).
- Powerful web-based service for retrieval of useful datasets.
- Modules to handle loading estimates from septic system and livestock contributions.
- Routing of point source discharges.
- Link simulated output back to GIS for map creation.
- Resources to transform your CANWETTM GIS layers into Google Earth overlays.
- Detailed Users' Guide and Technical Manual.