Some of its advantages include:
- Read meter using wireless handset
- Non intrusive. No need to enter the premise
- Low cost. No need for AMI infrastructure investment
- Easy data management
This data enables gas, water, heat and electric utilities to eliminate on-site visits and estimated reads, reduce theft and loss, implement time-of-use billing, and profit from all of the financial and operational benefits of fixed-network AMR/AMI.
For more information on specific systems and components, please choose from one below:
- M-Bus AMR/AMI System
- Wireless AMR/AMI System
- BACnet network
- GSM/GPRS network
The handset sends a request signal to a 280X transmitter with a coded address After receives a response, it verifies and stores meter data in its large memory. It is able to manage more than 2000 meters.
Each utility meter is connected to a 280X transmitter. It sends the pulse metering to the transmitter. Each pulse represents one unit of the utility, such as 1 kWh for BTU meters.
The 280X counts the pulse from the attached utility meter, waking up every second for 1ms to listen to the wireless channel. if it finds a request signal, it verifies the security and responds with the meter data. If it does not find a request signal, it goes into deep sleep again. The signal reaches over 200m in open space, and its battery lasts more than 6 years.
Wireless Data Logger
- A key component for a fixed wireless AMR network
- Able to manage more than 200 utility meters
- It receives command from upper link device, such as wireless concentrator
- If the command is a normal reading command, it fetch the data from its storage and returns the data directly
- If the command is a real-time reading command, it sends a request to the specified 280X meter with a coded address. After receiving the return, it passes the data to the upper link device
- The data logger also listens all the registered 280X transmitters. After receiving a valid data package, it updates the storage accordingly
Connects a number of wireless data loggers to a data center server.
- PDA based unit.
- Meter reading outside of buildings/houses
- Customer profile can be downloaded from computer though USB port
- Friendly user interface. Easy to operate
- Low cost, low maintenance
- Flexible, applicable to various applications
- Suitable for small town or rural area with undeveloped infrastructure
- No wiring
- Fast and automatic
- Accurate meter reading on daily basis
- Capability to implement advanced features such as leakage and tamper detection
- Easy for move-ins / move-outs transition without the need of truck rolls for off-cycle reads