Modflow Surfact - Version 4 - Advanced 3D Modeling Environment Software
MODFLOW-SURFACT™ is a powerful 3D finite-difference flow and transport modeling code that offers substantial advancements over public-domain versions of MODFLOW. For example, MODFLOW-SURFACT™ addresses rewetting of drained cell, handling of pumping wells, solute transport problems, numerical dispersion and oscillations, and impacts of transient flow storage effects on transport. What’s more, highly efficient, mass-conserving algorithms enable MODFLOW-SURFACT™ Version 4 to deliver accurate solutions faster than ever before.
- Density-dependent flow and transport
- Energy transport (coming soon)
- Time-varying material properties
- Multi-core solver (coming soon)
- Robust PCG5 Module up to 20 times faster than PCG4 solver. (Developed by Dr. Peter Forsyth at the University of Waterloo)
- Reaction Module incorporates user-defined reactions of mobile and immobile chemical component species invaluable for modeling biodegradation of industrial contaminants
- Curvilinear Grid option for non-rectangular grids in the areal plane
- Fully and variably saturated flow and transport modeling
- Prescribed-ponding recharge and seepage face conditions, as well as delayed yield
- Adaptive time-stepping to promote stability ad convergence for flow and transport simulations
- Recharge package overcomes unphysical predictions for unconfined systems
- Total Variation Diminishing (TVD) schemes for physically correct solutions with adaptive temporal weighting
- Vapor flow for SVE and air sparging simulations
- Multiphase, multicomponent contaminant transport modeling with biodegradation
- Robust and efficient Newton-Raphson solver for nonlinear problems
- Fractured porous media simulation with dual porosity
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
MODFLOW-SURFACT™ is compatible with all available MODFLOW-based GUIs, including Groundwater Vistas, Visual MODFLOW, GMS, Tecplot, and Argus ONE. Two-dimensional visualization is utilized in both plan and cross-sectional views for contour plots, pathlines, and velocity vectors. Three-dimensional animation is the most effective way to observe changes in parameters, head and contaminant concentrations in a transient simulation, piezometric surfaces, pathlines, velocity vectors, and isosurfaces of contaminant plumes.
No reviews were found for Modflow Surfact - Version 4 - Advanced 3D Modeling Environment Software. Be the first to review!