Qarto and Qomposer - Optimised ENC Production Software
From Other Software
Why Qarto vn3? The strength of Qarto is the very fast and automated ENC production. Qarto makes possible the short turn-around times from survey to chart that are necessary for the safe operation of the busy waterways e.g. in the Westerschelde and the Port of Rotterdam. Qarto can be part of your ENC Production suite that is built on ArcGIS - the system consists of three primary pieces: ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry, ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting and ArcGIS for Maritime: Server. Or Qarto can operate standalone, using the QPS gridded data file to store the bathymetry data (each cell has many attributes including Date) and ENC base cells made available by 3rd party tools. Qarto is bundled with Qomposer, the QPS tool for ENC edits. Qomposer can import source files like CAD and imagery files, or the current S-57 and then be used to export a new S-57 after changes have been made.
Qarto vn3 distinguishes itself from other approaches of electronic chart production platforms by its efficient way of data storage and by its principle based on semi-static base cells that are updated with highly dynamic bathymetric data. This bathymetric data is generated directly from the digital terrain model updated constantly by hydrographic surveys. This principle allows for a completely updated ENC base cells ready for distribution within hours after the survey has been completed
ENC production in just a few stages!
- Stage 1 in the ENC production workflow is to arrange the base ENC – one that is complete in accordance the IHO requirements except for the bathymetry data layers.
- Then stage 2 of the ENC production workflow is to arrange the bathymetry data.
- Then stage 3 of the ENC production workflow is to contour the bathymetry dataset and to derive the shoal soundings.
- Finally, stage 3 in the workflow is to merge the base ENC cell with the contours and shoal soundings, and deliver a new ENC set.
- Qarto is very easy to use and offers a guided workflow.
- Qomposer is bundled, in case edits to the ENC are needed.
- Fast, high quality production of ENC cells and ENC updates.
- Full compatibility with S-57 standard and Inland ECDIS standard.
- Presentation of objects according the S-52 presentation standard.
- Efficient, reliable and secure data storage.
- Open interfacing with existing databases.
- Windows GUI for powerful interactive ENC editing