SpeakerLab - Enhanced Acoustic Simulator Software for Engineers
From AFMG - Architectural Acoustics & Electro-Acoustic Modelling, Simulation & Analysis Software
EASE SpeakerLab is the software tool used to create, edit, and view loudspeaker models (GLL files) for use with the EASE family of simulation products: EASE, EASE Focus 2, EASE Address, EASE Evac, and FIRmaker. The Pro version of EASE SpeakerLab adds various advanced simulation and viewing functions as well as capabilities to export to other loudspeaker modeling data formats.
EASE SpeakerLab Basic is bundled as a complementary software with every purchase of EASE Standard or EASE JR.
Loudspeaker manufacturers will benefit from the use of EASE SpeakerLab by being able to create and publish GLL files for their loudspeakers. Manufacturers, as well as loudspeaker design engineers and application engineers, may find EASE SpeakerLab to be a very useful and powerful design tool.
Once the directivity data and the on-axis response have been measured for a loudspeaker they can be imported into EASE SpeakerLab to create a model for that loudspeaker.
While the GLL data format supports a single set of measurements for a complete loudspeaker cabinet, AFMG recommends so-called multi-source measurements. For a true multi-source measurement set, the complex polar data of each individual driver or pass band of the loudspeaker will be measured separately. This does not only provide the highest quality during simulation but also allows extensive interaction for the R&D engineer.
The multi-source GLL can add crossover filters, equalization, and delay separately to provide an accurate calculation of the total response for the loudspeaker system.
Many different potential filter options can be evaluated very quickly to optimize the design of a loudspeaker system. Measurements of passive, active, or DSP-based crossover filters can also be imported into EASE SpeakerLab and used to calculate the total response for a loudspeaker system.
EASE SpeakerLab supports all features offered by AFMG's award-winning GLL data format for loudspeakers. Given below is an overview. Please browse through the pictures to get an impression of the remarkable powers of this format and the flexible implemenatation it has found in EASE SpeakerLab.
- Create GLL loudspeaker modeling data for use in EASE, EASE Focus, EASE Evac, EASE Address and by AFMG FIRmaker.
- Import impulse response and complex frequency response measurements from common measurement platforms such as EASERA, MLSSA or Monkey Forest.
- Accurately model a line array with many elements or a loudspeaker with several transducers using magnitude and phase directional data in high resolution.
- Display directivity map, polar graphs, off-axis transfer functions, or beamwidth graphs to view off-axis response.
- Calculate loudspeaker response at any distance with or without air attenuation of high frequencies for any temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure.
- Apply DSP-style signal processing to individual sound sources and/or the entire loudspeaker system.
- Embed multiple filter (crossover and/or EQ) options for a loudspeaker that the end-user can select while the exact filter details stay hidden inside the GLL, remaining inaccessible to the end-user.
- Accurately model the different user settings for a loudspeaker system that yield different responses within the same GLL file.
- Multiple input configurations to allow for single input (passive full-range operation) or multiple inputs (bi-, tri-, quad-amp operation).
- Create and save GLL configurations that can be recalled later or sent to customers as recommended presets.
- Calculate the maximum SPL (based on thermal limitations) for a multi-source GLL with different crossover filters and different input signal spectra.
- Simulate behavior of multiple point source drivers to investigate optimum placement and crossovers even before a new prototype is actually built and measured. Add piston and line sources to your designs with SpeakerLab Pro.
No reviews were found for SpeakerLab - Enhanced Acoustic Simulator Software for Engineers. Be the first to review!