SpirePulsar - Version AMR/AMI - Mobile Wireless Meter Reading System
SpirePulsar mobile wireless meter reading system is based on two parts: Integration/Area Management System and Mobile Meter Reading System. Some of its advantages include: Read meter using wireless handset. Non intrusive. No need to enter the premise. Low cost. No need for AMI infrastructure investment. Easy data management.
This data enables gas, water, heat and electric utilities to eliminate on-site visits and estimated reads, reduce theft and loss, implement time-of-use billing, and profit from all of the financial and operational benefits of fixed-network AMR/AMI.
For more information on specific systems and components, please choose from one below:
- M-Bus AMR/AMI System
- Wireless AMR/AMI System
- BACnet network
- GSM/GPRS network
The handset sends a request signal to a 280X transmitter with a coded address After receives a response, it verifies and stores meter data in its large memory. It is able to manage more than 2000 meters.
Each utility meter is connected to a 280X transmitter. It sends the pulse metering to the transmitter. Each pulse represents one unit of the utility, such as 1 kWh for BTU meters.
The 280X counts the pulse from the attached utility meter, waking up every second for 1ms to listen to the wireless channel. if it finds a request signal, it verifies the security and responds with the meter data. If it does not find a request signal, it goes into deep sleep again. The signal reaches over 200m in open space, and its battery lasts more than 6 years.
Wireless Data Logger
- A key component for a fixed wireless AMR network
- Able to manage more than 200 utility meters
- It receives command from upper link device, such as wireless concentrator
- If the command is a normal reading command, it fetch the data from its storage and returns the data directly
- If the command is a real-time reading command, it sends a request to the specified 280X meter with a coded address. After receiving the return, it passes the data to the upper link device
- The data logger also listens all the registered 280X transmitters. After receiving a valid data package, it updates the storage accordingly
Connects a number of wireless data loggers to a data center server.
- PDA based unit.
- Meter reading outside of buildings/houses
- Customer profile can be downloaded from computer though USB port
- Friendly user interface. Easy to operate
- Low cost, low maintenance
- Flexible, applicable to various applications
- Suitable for small town or rural area with undeveloped infrastructure
- No wiring
- Fast and automatic
- Accurate meter reading on daily basis
- Capability to implement advanced features such as leakage and tamper detection
- Easy for move-ins / move-outs transition without the need of truck rolls for off-cycle reads