Tek-MDS - Version Rev: 2.7 for Series 2700 - Analysis Software
More time is spent interacting with an analysis system’s software than any other components. Software design is just as important as instrument design and both are paid equal attention in Tekran’s instrument development process. Our in-house staff of dedicated software programmers and engineers developed intuitive, windows-style software for the Tekran 2700. The software is unparalleled in its ease of use, capabilities, and support. By comparison, you will find other mercury system software to be lackluster and antiquated. Other instrument manufactures’ software development seems like an afterthought; at Tekran it is a priority.
- Based on the industry leading Tek-MDS 2.5 software designed for the Tekran 2600.
- Up-to-date Windows look and feel including icons, toolbars, window docking and more.
- Full support for EPA Method 1630 calibration is built-in and operates automatically.
- Auto-Flush function. For unexpectedly high samples that could result in carryover, the system will automatically suspend sample analysis, perform exactly as many cleaning/flushing cycles as needed to eliminate residual contamination, and then resumes processing your batch.
- Built in trouble shooting capabilities and step by step maintenance guides.
- Lamp Hardware Wizard makes lamp changes and lamp optimizations a snap. On-screen directions guide you through the entire process. No voltmeters or other test equipment required!
- Software facilitates remote “out of lab” control and monitoring of analytical runs. When enabled, this feature can allow remote trouble shooting by Tekran’s tech support staff.
- Addition/deletion of new samples to run permitted at any time.
- Easy to use templates let you set up your blanks and standards in just a few clicks.
- Autosampler location auto-fill feature saves time and typing.
- Multi-level undo and redo in case you make a mistake in your worksheet.
- Worksheet “Save” history keeps multiple previous backup versions of your worksheet.
- Ability to use Macros and carry out user defined calculations such as reagent blank correction within worksheets.
- One-click to export current worksheet data into Excel.
- Real-time pass/fail analysis of standards and QC samples allows out of control runs to terminate immediately
- Full worksheet cell/chart formatting including font properties, cell background colors, and lines.
The Series 2700 is the world’s most flexible methyl mercury analysis system, featuring fully programmable analysis cycle parameters for creation of modified and experimental analytical methods. With the Event Table File (ETF), users are able to specify the actions and timing used to analyze each sample. The timeline display shows the start time, duration, and end time of all analytical events within a sample sequence. Tek-MDS 2.6 comes complete with ETFs for EPA method 1630 sample analysis, as well as special trouble shooting ETFs (e.g. system pressurization/leak test).
With Tek-MDS 2.6 users have the ability to monitor and chart all processes of the Tekran 2700 system (including GC and trap temp, valve triggering, PMT voltage). This is very helpful when trouble shooting, or developing new methods.
Tek-MDS 2.6 handles all standard calibration methods, including calibration factors (unweighted regression) automatically. System response to an out-of-tolerance calibration can be specified by the user. (e.g. The system can either “Halt” or “Continue” operations.)
Tek-MDS 2.6 provides unparalleled analytical flexibility. It can display peaks in real time as well as allowing manual reintegration of peaks. (Manual adjustment triggers data flagging.) Peaks from multiple runs can also be displayed simultaneously.
Tek-MDS 2.6 features a full GC data package with advanced peak editing capabilities, retention time adjustment for various mercury species, and calculation of multiple mercury species from the same analytical run.
Tek-MDS 2.6 has modest computer requirements. PC’s built in the year 2005 or later will likely meet the needed criteria and be able to run the application.
- 1.0 Ghz or faster processor
- 2.0 GB of RAM recommended
- At least 2 GB empty hard drive space before installing (most space will be used for your data)
- Screen resolution of XGA (1024x768) or higher
- Windows XP, Vista, Win7 & Win8 (has not been fully tested on Win 10)
- One dedicated USB port