Version EASE EVAC - Fast Design of Acoustic Evacuation System Software
EASE Evac provides an intuitive tool for designing acoustic mass notification concepts in a room, hall or building complex. The 3D simulation software calculates the distribution of direct sound levels as well as total sound levels, the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and speech intelligibility (STI, ALCons, CIS).
- Intuitive room entry in just minutes
- Precise prediction of SPL and STI
- Loudspeaker data for all leading brands
- Extensive reports for calculation, presentation and installation
The calculation engine of EASE Evac is based on EASE 4.3, the industry standard for electro- and room acoustic modeling.
The scientific background of EASE Evac derives from the long-term research and development in conjunction with the programming of EASE, the professional electro- and room acoustic simulation software developed by Ahnert Feistel Media Group (AFMG).
In EASE Evac all rooms are defined by a 2D floorplan and a height. This simple approach speeds up modeling tremendously in everyday projects as hallways, foyers, conference rooms or even airport gate areas. EASE Evac offers various alternatives for entering the room. The import of images, AutoCAD DXF-format or Google SketchUp files as well as EASE room models simplifies the building of rooms with a complex layout. Several tools enable a quick modeling from scratch. Projects can consist of more than one room, each with its own room acoustic, defined by entering the reverberation time or assigning wall materials with their absorption coefficient to the surfaces of the room. All calculations are performed in 3D on statistical models by Eyring.
Wall- and ceiling-mounted loudspeakers, horns or sirens can be added to the model and may be positioned individually. Alternatively, the auto-arrange functions will quickly ‘install’ a vast number of ceiling loudspeakers in a user-defined grid. Sound source data is given in the EASE GLL format, AFMG’s primary loudspeaker file format.
Based on the room and the sources defined, the propagation of sound is simulated. Mappings on horizontal and vertical cutting planes visualize the calculation results. These results are shown as broadband or frequency dependent mappings with user–defined frequency ranges between 1/3 octave and 3 octaves, absolute or relative values, and A-weighted or non-weighted. Noise levels can be accounted for in order to perform speech intelligibility calculation according to IEC 60268-16. Both mappings and statistic distribution graphs present the following results:
- Direct sound pressure level
- Total sound pressure level
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- Import of image files, Google Sketchup, AutoCAD DXF as well as EASE models as a basis for the entry of room geometry by mouse or in a table.
- Auto-arrange function for fast layout of ceiling-mounted sound systems.
- Insertion and modification of individual ceiling- and wall-mounted sound sources.
- Top view, side, and front view for easy loudspeaker placement and intuitive investigation of sound distribution in the vertical plane.
- Mapping of Direct SPL (Z or A-Weighted), Total SPL (Z or A-Weighted), S/N Ratio.
- Room acoustic calculations based on definition of reverberation time or assigment of acoustic materials to surfaces according to Eyring.
- Mapping of speech intelligibility as STI (IEC 60268-16), CIS, ALCons.
- Analysis in 1/3rd octave, 1/1 octave, 3/1 octave bandwidth or broadband, frequency range from 100 Hz to 10 kHz.
- Relative mapping function and distribution graph for statistical analysis of coverage.
- Frequency response plots for multiple receiver locations, relative or absolute display.
- Section plan for user-defined mappings in the vertical plane.
- Printable report document including all results and drawing details.
- Export of drawings in AutoCAD DXF, Google Sketchup, EASE formats or as image file.
- Calculation engine based on EASE 4.3 industry standard for electro- and room acoustic modeling.
- Expandable database of common noise levels, surface materials, 3D objects and sound sources.
- Supports multiple rooms within one project.
- Display and data entry in metric units or US units.
- User-defined colors and window layout.