11-Hour Computer Based Stormwater Certificate Program
The 11-hour, QPSWPPP-HD computer based stormwater certificate program educates and qualifies individuals to prepare Construction Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) for a Home Depot® construction project.
As a QPSWPPP-HD individuals will also receive a dual certificate as a QCIS-HD, which allows you to implement and inspect Best Management Practices (BMPs), and maintain construction sites for stormwater compliance. This training covers the principles and practices of erosion and sediment control as well as the proper reporting and documentation requirements for ensuring compliance under the NPDES Construction General Permit and the Home Depot® consent decree.
This program has been reviewed and recognized by the EPA and is a Level 300 United States Green Build Council approved training.
Federal Construction General Permit
Erosion Control (Condensed)
Sediment Control (Condensed)
Pollution Prevention (Condensed)
On-Site Construction Inspections (Condensed)
Preparation of a Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
- Understand the regulatory framework of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting program.
- Describe and understand the proper installation and maintenance of Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Inspect entire construction sites and determine possible causes of BMP ineffectiveness and how to correct them.
- Complete a stormwater inspection report and document corrective actions for failed or improperly used or installed BMPs.
- Understand the teamwork and communication necessary between owner, operators, contractors and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) designer to maintain stormwater compliance throughout the construction project.
- Understand the documentation requirements associated with maintaining the SWPPP through all phases of construction activity.
- Understand the importance of providing ongoing assistance and leadership to all trades associated with construction activities ranging from laborers to Professional Engineers (P.E.).
- Prepare a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) for Home Depot construction activities.
- 11 PDHs
- 2 - Embossed Wall Certificates (1-QCIS Certificate, 1-QPswppp Certificate)
- 2 - Wallet Cards (1-QCIS Card, 1-QPswppp Card)
- 2 - Hardhat Decals (1-QCIS Decal, 1-QPswppp Decal)
- Signed Congratulations Letter
- QCIS and QPswppp Logos for your Business Card and Website (Available on the Credential Validation Page)
- Resume' Enhancer (Available on the Credential Validation Page)