40-Hour HAZWOPER Online Training Course
Compliance Solutions offers the finest, most comprehensive online 40-Hour HAZWOPER training course in the industry! Compare our course to ANY of our competitors and you will find that dollar for dollar, pound for pound, we offer the best online training course around! We don’t “resell” other companies HAZWOPER training, we set the standard that our competitors TRY to imitate: The 40-Hour HAZWOPER Online allows students to proceed at their own pace to complete this intensive, interactive, on-line training program. Unlike traditional training seminars, the online 40-Hour can be completed anywhere an internet connection and computer are available. This certification course combines 32-hours of online training with 8-hours of OSHA required hands-on instruction and an online certification exam.
The Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) applies to five distinct groups of employers and their employees. This includes any employees who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances– including hazardous waste–and who are engaged in one of the following operations as specified by 1910.120(a)(1)(i-v) and 1926.65(a)(1)(i-v):
- Clean-up operations–required by a governmental body, whether federal, state, local, or other involving hazardous substances– that are conducted at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites;
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA) as amended (42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.);
- Voluntary clean-up operations at sites recognized by federal, state, local, or other governmental body as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites;
- Operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at treatment, storage, and disposal facilities regulated by Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 264 and 265 pursuant to RCRA, or by agencies under agreement with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to implement RCRA regulations; and
- Emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of release of, hazardous substances regardless of the location of the hazard.
The purpose of this course is to ensure awareness and promote safety among employees who may be exposed to chemical hazards in the work-site. The objective is to ensure that employees operate in the safest possible manner in situations where contact with potentially hazardous materials is likely.
At the conclusion of the course, students will:
- Understand how hazardous materials are handled, identified, and human responses to exposure
- Learn the importance of the Health and Safety Plan (HSP)
- Incorporate knowledge of what to do in case of site emergencies
- Use appropriate safety methods and work practice controls
- Recognize signs and labels that are used to alert personnel of danger involving hazardous material
- Receive certification for HAZWOPER training under 29 CFR 1910.120
Completion Requirements: Students will be allowed to proceed at their own pace in this interactive, on-line training program. Students must complete a total of 32 hours of on-line training and 8-hours in-person at a Compliance Solutions training course (see the last page of this outline for tentative dates and locations). After the practical training is complete, students will be required to pass a final exam with a test score of 70% or better.
Hands-On Training: In order to be compliant with OSHA training requirements, all 40-Hour HAZWOPER students must have hands-on training and an opportunity to don and doff equipment, respirators, SCBA’s, and have an opportunity to ask questions of a qualified instructor. We include hands-on training as an important part of your training at no additional cost to you. Our competitors don’t even offer this integral part of the 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification.
After completing the online portion of the course, students should call our office the Monday of the week they wish to participate in the scheduled 8 Hour Hands-On class. We will register you for this part of your HAZWOPER course and complete your OSHA HAZWOPER training. Once completed, you will be required to complete an online examination and you will be mailed a Certification (suitable for framing) and a 40-Hour HAZWOPER Wallet Card for verification at DOD and Hazmat sites that require this Certification.
Compliance Solutions “state-of-the-art” Learning Management System (LMS) delivers 24/7 interactive training, plus multiple methods of access for students to communicate with a qualified Instructor (Real-Time Asynchronous Communication, Telephone Hotline and E-Mail). Because OSHA recommends instructor led training for your initial HAZWOPER certification, Compliance Solutions is the ONLY company to offer “Blended Learning” (a combination of online and Instructor led training) to our students in 61 U.S. cities. During the 8-Hour Hands-On portion of the training, students complete site scenarios, traditional “dress-out” exercises and group interactions led by our staff of experienced Hazmat Instructors. Once students finish both sections, an online examination is administered (a score of 70% or better is passing) and upon completion, a Certificate of Completion is awarded, certifying the student has mastered the OSHA recommended requirements for HAZWOPER/Emergency Response training under 29 CFR 1910.120.
Immediate Access: We will provide immediate access to your online training course (after registration). All hands-on materials (student manual and dress-out equipment) will be provided when you attend your Hands-On Training.
As part of your online training course, all students receive a dress-out class manual and all course materials at NO-Additional charge. Materials will be given to the student on the day of class. This portion of the training is crucial for HAZWOPER students (especially those who are new to our industry) as it ties together critical learning objectives with “real-life” experience and practical exercises. Yes, this type of training is more expensive for us to provide but, your life is worth it (besides, we don’t charge more for a complete course that our competitors don’t offer or even suggest )!
OSHA says that ALL HAZWOPER students should receive “hands-on” training in addition to computer-based instruction.
In OSHA’s Own Words: “Equally important is the use of hands-on training and exercises to provide trainees with an opportunity to become familiar with equipment and safe practices in a non-hazardous setting. Many industrial operations, and in particular hazardous waste operations, can involve many complex and hazardous tasks. It is imperative that employees be able to perform such tasks safely. Traditional, hands-on training is the preferred method to ensure that workers are prepared to safely perform these tasks. The purpose of hands-on training, for example in the donning and doffing of personal protective equipment, is two-fold: first, to ensure that workers have an opportunity to learn by experience, and second, to assess whether workers have mastered the necessary skills. It is unlikely that sole reliance on a computer-based training program is likely to achieve these objectives.” – Ruth E. McCully, Director, OSHA Office of Health Enforcement.
- HAZWOPER Regulations
- Safety Principles
- Competent Person
- Electrical Safety
- Fall Protection
- Planning and Organization
- Hazard Communication
- Chemical Hazard ID Systems
- Health Hazards
- Ionizing Radiation
- Medical Surveillance
- Respiratory Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Occupational Heat Exposure
- Meters and Instrumentation
- Hand and Power Tools
- Material Handling, Storage and Use
- Motor Vehicles and Mechanized Equipment
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Fire Protection Requirements
- Confined Spaces
- Handling Drums and Containers
- Sampling and Packaging
- Decontamination Procedures
- Site Controls