8-Hour HAZWOPER Seminar Annual Refresher Training
8-Hour Hazwoper Training provides the OSHA required annual refresher training for employees who have completed the initial 24 or 40-Hour HAZWOPER course. Mandated training can be found in 29 CFR1910.120. Workers attending this course will cover changes in related regulations, several class safety activities, a mock dress-out, health and safety procedures, and personnel protection during work operations at hazardous material sites and many other areas. The content and exercises are updated and changed annually so your employees will not be taking the same class over and over again!
Who Should Take This Course?
Employees who have completed the initial 24 or 40-Hour HAZWOPER course and need their annual refresher training.
OSHA’s main objectives in requiring the 8-Hr HAZWOPER Refresher course include:
- promoting control and elimination of potential hazards or losses, and
- protecting the health and safety of workers and the public, and
- protecting the environment
At the conclusion of the 8-Hour Hazwoper course, students will:
- Understand how hazardous materials affect the human body, and how to handle and identify these materials
- Learn the purpose and value of a Health and Safety Plan (HSP)
- Learn the proper course of actions to take during a site emergency
- Understand safe methods and work practice controls
- Recognize signs and labels used to alert personnel of dangers involving hazardous materials
Completion Instructions, Requirements, and Checklist
Quiz on completion of the course.
CEU’s, Duration, Prerequisites
Credit Education Units: 8-Hour Hazwoper qualifies for 1.0 American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) Credit Education Units (CEU’s)
Duration: 8 Hours
Prerequisite: This seminar is an annual refresher course. All employees MUST have taken either the 24 or 40-Hour HAZWOPER course prior to taking this seminar. Personnel who have not taken the initial training courses, or have not kept current under OSHA guidelines (training courses MUST have been completed each successive year after taking the initial course, within 12 months of their last refresher) should repeat either the 24 or 40-Hour course to stay in compliance.
- Class Participation Exercises
- Final Examination
- Handling Hazardous Materials
- Hazard Communications
- Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste Effects
- Hazardous Waste Remediation
- HAZWOPER Review
- Health and Safety Plan Review
- HMIS III
- NFPA 704
- Remediation Exercise
- Retraining Requirements
- Site Control Plans
- Student Dress Out Exercises
- Tabletop Exercises
- Updates/News/Case Studies
No reviews were found for 8-Hour HAZWOPER Seminar Annual Refresher Training. Be the first to review!