ARCA - New Asbestos Removal Supervisor Training Course
From Supervisor Courses
This training course is ideally suited for experienced asbestos removal operatives who are taking up the role of an asbestos removal supervisor, therefore it covers the key elements of the role and the responsibilities of a supervisor in this licensed industry.
The ARCA course ensures that candidates receive the core knowledge and have experience of the skills required to be able to work safely and effectively as a supervisor, as stated in the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012) and Health & Safety Executive (HSE) guidance.
Please note that photographic identification is required from all candidates - Read more
This training course will be delivered following COVID-19 guidance, such as, reduced number of candidates per course, social distancing, hygiene practices and face coverings.Content
The ARCA, three-day course, ensures that candidates receive the theoretical knowledge and understanding of the role of supervision in relation to the following:
- Types, Uses and Risks of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- Health Hazards of Asbestos and Legislation
- Site Set Up, Maintenance and Dismantling (inc Practical)
- Controlled Stripping Techniques (inc Practical)
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) (inc Practical)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (inc Practical)
- Transit Procedures and Decontamination (inc Practical)
- Cleaning and Clearance Air Testing
- Plant and Equipment (using demonstration of equipment
- Waste Management and Disposal
- Emergency Procedures, Non-asbestos Hazards and Fault-Finding
- Roles and Responsibilities, Site Inspections and Record-Keeping
- Risk Assessments, Plans of Work, Management Systems and Monitoring
- Information, Instructions and Training
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the necessary understanding of the course, by modular tests (an overall pass mark of 80% is required and the use of preliminary and full decontamination procedures. Candidates not doing so will not pass the course.
This training course is for experienced candidates from within the asbestos removal industry, who are taking up the role of an asbestos removal supervisor. Therefore, candidates should have core knowledge and practical experience of all the tasks an asbestos removal operative needs to perform.
Three days at ARCA centres throughout the year.
For Members the fee is £425 (exc vat).
For Non-Members the fee is £475 (exc vat).
No reviews were found for ARCA - New Asbestos Removal Supervisor Training Course. Be the first to review!