Basic Fall Protection Training
This course is intended for those whose job responsibilities require them to work at elevation on a consistent basis. This is an interactive session with overhead/computer presentation, hands on application, equipment demonstration, and written knowledge test to facilitate the course objectives.
Upon completion of the course, students will have a basic understanding of the following:
- The importance of fall protection on the job.
- Applicable fall protection regulations and ANSI Z359-2007 Fall Protection Code.
- Fall Protection hierarchy of controls – Elimination, Prevention, Arrest, Administrative
- ABC’s of fall protection – Anchorage, Body Support, Connecting Means
- Anchorage points and basic anchorage point considerations
- Full Body Harnesses – Application/Donning Session
- Shock Absorbing
- 100% Tie off/Y-Lanyards
Introduction to specialized fall protection equipment:
- Lifelines – Horizontal/Vertical
- Rigid Rail Systems
- Ladder Climbing Systems
- Work Positioning Systems
- Controlled Descent Devices
- 1st Man Up Devices
All fall protection equipment required for instruction will be provided, however, students are encouraged to bring their own personal fall arrest equipment to the course for use and demonstration.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be considered for authorized person fall protection status by their employer.