CIEH - Introductory Certificate Course in Food Safety (Level 1)
From CIEH Food Safety
The CIEH Introductory Certificate in Food Safety is a great way to introduce beginners to the safe preparation and cooking of food.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone new to food safety
- Ideal for use in schools
- New employees working in low-risk environments
- Anyone with an interest in safe food preparation at home
The course will help you understand more about the importance of good food preparation. You’ll learn about training and cooking practices such as keeping yourself and your work area clean and hygienic, how food becomes contaminated and steps to reduce this. You will also learn how foodborne, pest and physical contamination pose serious health risks and the controls to reduce these risks.
- Introduces the concept of safe food
- Improves your food preparation and handling knowledge
- Starter point for further study as a food handler