Confined Space Rescue Awareness
This course will cover the confined space entry requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as amended effective September 30, 2006, and associated regulations, This level covers the minimum capability for organizations which respond to technical search and rescue incidents. Training may be held at your facility or ours.
Hours of Training: 8 Hours
Recognizing the need for confined space search and rescue
- Initiating contact and establishing communications with victims where possible
- Recognizing and identifying the hazards associated with non-entry confined space emergencies
- Recognizing confined spaces
- Performing a non-entry retrieval
- Implementing the emergency response system for confined space emergencies
- Implementing site control and scene management
- Recognizing the need for a rope rescue
- Identifying resources necessary to conduct rope rescue operations
- Carrying out the emergency response system where rope rescue is required
- Carrying out site control and scene management
- Recognizing general hazards associated with rope rescue and the procedures necessary to mitigate these hazards
- Identifying and utilizing personal protective equipment assigned for use at a rope rescue incident.