Culvert Screen and Outfall Training Courses
From Training Courses
The design and operation of culverts is critical to effective flood risk management. Inadequate design or neglect can lead to severe flooding. This training, based on CIRIA C689 Culvert design and operation guide, provides guidance on the whole-life cycle of culverts, recognising that there is an enormous stock of existing culverts of various types, sizes, age and condition.
The course provides asset managers and designers with a comprehensive understanding of the whole life cycle of culverts, screens and outfalls, giving guidance on inspection, performance assessment, maintenance and renewal as well as design of new structures. The training is underpinned by the principles of whole-life asset management and a systems approach to drainage. Guidance will be given on cutting edge hydraulic assessment techniques, taking account of developments in hydrology and hydraulic analysis.
The training will be relevant to infrastructure asset managers, flood risk and drainage engineers, landscape architects, planners, architects, and those working in or with environmental regulators, local authorities, highway authorities, developers, consultants and contractors.
- keep up-to-date with current legislation and regulatory requirements
- learn the most up-to-date design concepts
- understand key principles, aims and how to apply the CDOG approach using real life case studies
- share experiences and knowledge with our expert trainers and other delegates
- the two day training provides 12 hours CPD accreditation