DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation Complete CertificationTraining Course Online
Hazardous materials and hazardous wastes are commonly transported by ground, air and water, this course provides training for all three. Regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials are constantly changed and improved. New containment designs and specifications are developed daily and recent technology has provided more efficient methods to ship HazMat such as more compacted packaging for non-bulk shipping containers.
A combination of all these factors results in more hazardous materials than ever before being present on our nation’s highways. Increased awareness by enforcement agencies, news media and the public regarding the potential danger of hazardous materials has resulted in stricter regulations and larger citations for violations of the HazMat regulations.
Compliance Solutions’ interactive, web-based DOT HazMat Transportation course provides a convenient way for employers to meet DOT mandated requirements for employees under 49 CFR 172.704.
This feature packed online course offers 10 interactive training modules including classification, labels and placarding, shipping documents and packaging.
Advanced course features include:
- Narrations, module assessments, multiple student interactions
- Live Instructor Chat, course glossary, course resources
- Course assessment to ensure competency
These information packed modules, combined with industry best practices and the convenience of self-paced, online learning will have you wondering why you ever put up with the old “page turner” courses of the past!
Students have a full 90-days to complete the online curricula once they register (extensions are available, just call prior to expiration) with the benefit of “any-time, any-where” access, as long as you have a computer and an internet connection! Students can log in and out at their convenience with no “assigned” or specific start and stop times.
At the conclusion of this course, students are required to pass a course assessment (with a score of 70% or higher), after which you will be sent (via U.S. Mail) a Certificate of Completion and a Course Wallet Card to carry on the job.
All employees involved in any aspect of hazardous materials transport are required to be trained in accordance with the Department of Transportation Standard 49 CFR 172.704. This includes transport drivers, materials handlers, document control and anyone else involved in any part of the transport process, from storage to delivery.
DOT’s main objectives in requiring the HazMat Transportation course include:
- Promoting familiarity and understanding of hazardous materials transportation guidelines
- Informing employees of proper labeling, placarding and markings for ease of identification
- Protecting the health and safety of workers and the public
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the proper shipping methods for hazardous materials in air, water, and land
- Recognize information needed on shipping papers for specific types of hazardous wastes
- Utilize proper labeling, marking, and placarding required for hazardous materials and hazardous waste transportation
- Show understanding of the documentation for shipping papers and hazardous waste manifests
Completion Instructions, Requirements, and Checklist
Students must pass a graded final assessment with a score of 70% or higher.
- Hazardous Materials Handling
- Labels and Pictograms
- Marking, Labeling and Placarding
- Shipping Documents
- Security Awareness Certification
- GHS Updates and Changes
- Function Specific Training Explained