DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation (Refresher) Training Online
Hazardous materials and hazardous wastes are commonly transported by ground, air and water. This online refresher course provides training for employees who are using one or all three of these modes of transportation. Regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials are constantly being changed and improved. New containment designs and specifications are developed daily and recent technology provides more efficient methods to ship HazMat. A good example of these changes are more compacted packaging for non-bulk shipping containers.
Increased awareness by enforcement agencies, news media and the public regarding the potential danger of hazardous materials has resulted in stricter regulations and larger citations for violations of the HazMat regulations.
Compliance Solutions’ interactive, web-based DOT HazMat Transportation course provides a convenient way for employers to meet DOT mandated requirements for employees under 49 CFR 172.704, (a),(b),(c) and (d).
This engaging, feature packed online training course offers 10 interactive training modules including classification, labels and placarding, shipping documents and packaging.
Some of the more advanced course features include:
- Narration, module assessments, multiple student interactions
- Live Instructor Chat, course glossary and library and a new course resources section
- IN-course and a final (DOT required) course assessment to ensure competency and certification
Our information packed modules, industry best practices and the convenience of self-paced, online learning will have you wondering why you ever put up with the old “page turner” courses of the past! Students have a full 90-days to complete the online curricula after registration (extensions are available, just call prior to expiration) with the benefit of “any-time, any-where” access, as long as you have a computer and an internet connection! Students can log in and out of the training at their convenience with no “assigned” or specific start and stop times.
After completing all course modules, students are required to pass the Final Assessment (with a score of 70% or higher). Compliance Solutions provides all students with a wallet card and a Certificate of Completion which is suitable for framing (not a black & white “downloaded copy”). Certification credentials are sent via U.S. Mail and usually arrive within 2-5 business days. For a small fee, we also offer “expedited” credentialing for individuals who are in the middle of an audit or have exceeded their refresher deadline.
All employees who have completed an “initial” DOT Hazmat Transportation training course (under 49 CFR 172.704) that covers sub paragraphs a, b, c and d MUST complete refresher training every 3 years OR when DOT regulations “substantially change”. This includes transport drivers, materials handlers, document control and anyone else who has been previously certified and is involved in any part of the transport process, from storage to delivery.
DOT’s main objectives for requiring the HazMat Transportation training include:
- Promoting familiarity and understanding of hazardous materials transportation guidelines
- Teaching and enforcing proper labeling, placarding and markings for ease of identification
- Protecting the health and safety of workers and the public
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the proper method for shipping hazardous materials by air, water, and land
- Recognize the information needed on shipping papers for specific types of hazardous wastes
- Identify exceptions and exemptions for HazMat shipments
- Implement proper labeling, marking, and placarding when shipping HazMat and hazardous waste shipments
- Show understanding of the documentation for shipping papers and hazardous waste manifests
Students must pass a graded final assessment with a score of 70% or higher.
- Hazardous Materials Handling
- Labels and Pictograms
- Marking, Labeling and Placarding
- Shipping Documents
- Security Awareness Certification
- GHS Updates and Changes
- Function Specific Training Explained