Electrical Safety Training For Emergency Responders Online
Electrical equipment and power lines may pose significant hazards to emergency responders. Responders must be able to recognize and control electrical hazards to avoid bodily injury before taking other emergency actions. Upon completion of this course, Emergency Response Team members will be able to describe the fundamentals of electricity and its effect on the body, recognize electrical hazards to avoid becoming a victim, make informed decisions regarding the appropriate actions to take during an electrical emergency, and provide medical treatment for persons exposed to electricity.
This course is for Emergency Response Team (ERT) members who have already received general emergency response training and are certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of electricity and its effect on the body
- Recognize electrical hazards so you can avoid becoming a victim
- Make informed decisions regarding the appropriate actions to take during an electrical emergency
- Provide medical treatment for persons exposed to electricity
Completion Instructions, Requirements, and Checklist
Assessment Quiz on completion of the module.
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Prerequisites: Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Effects Of Electricity On The Body
- Emergency Scenario
- Fires And Arcing
- Fundamentals Of Electricity
- Incident Command System
- Medical Emergencies
- Response Actions
- Scene Assessment