Hazardous materials (chemical products) are used in practically every workplace. The HazCom standard from OSHA covers over 43 million workers who produce or handle hazardous chemicals in more than five million workplaces across the country. Some of these chemical products pose little danger to you, while others are deadly. Modern manufacturing would not be possible without chemicals. However, like machinery or electrical equipment, you must know how to use chemicals safely. The first step in using chemicals safely is to recognize those materials that may be hazardous to your health or physical safety.
Compliance Solutions’ NEW interactive, web-based HazCom Hazard Communication course provides a convenient way for employees to meet OSHA mandated requirements under 29 CFR 1910.1200.
This feature packed online course offers 8 interactive training modules including toxicology, labels and pictograms, safety data sheets and hazards.
Advanced course features include:
- Narrations, module assessments, multiple student interactions
- Live Instructor Chat, course glossary, course resources
- Course assessment to ensure competency.
These information packed modules, combined with industry best practices and the convenience of self-paced, online learning will have you wondering why you ever put up with the old “page turner” courses of the past!
Students have a full 90-days to complete the online curricula once they register (extensions are available, just call prior to expiration) of with the benefit of “any-time, any-where” access, as long as you have a computer and an internet connection! Students can log in and out at their convenience with no “assigned” or specific start and stop times.
At the conclusion of this online course, students are required to pass a course assessment (with a score of 70% or higher), after which you will be sent (via U.S. Mail) a Certificate of Completion suitable for framing (not a black & white “downloaded copy”).
All employees are required to be trained in accordance with the OSHA Hazard Communication standard upon initial assignment and whenever a new chemical hazard the employees have not previously been trained about is introduced into their work area.
OSHA’s main objectives in requiring the Hazard Communication course include:
- Promoting familiarity and understanding of potential hazards, and
- Informing employees of chemical hazards and toxicological effects
- Protecting the health and safety of workers and the public
At the conclusion of this course, students will:
- Understand how hazardous materials affect the human body, and how to identify these materials
- Learn the purpose and value of a written HazCom Plan
- Understand the structure of Safety Data Sheets
- Recognize pictograms and labels used to alert personnel of dangers involving hazardous materials
- Students must pass a graded final assessment with a score of 70% or higher.
CEU's, Duration, Prerequisites
- Credit Education Units: None
- Duration: Minimum 1.5 Hours
- Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this Hazard Communication (HazCom) course. However, students should be aware that the content has been updated to include GHS (Globally Harmonized System) requirements and information that is required by OSHA as of December 2013.
- This course was developed by highly qualified subject matter experts and a seasoned training development and delivery team.
- Unlike other self-paced online learning, this course includes “Instructor Chat”. Instructor Chat initiates an immediate chat session with your instructor and is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Mountain Time).
- You may email your instructor at email@example.com. You will receive an answer that day (email submitted Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm MTN., M-F), or the next business day (email submitted Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and after 5pm MTN.)
- You may also call to speak with an instructor at 1-800-711-2706, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Mountain Time).
- Safety Data Sheets
- Labels and Pictograms
- Written HazCom Plan