Hydrogen Sulfide Safety Awareness Complete – Online Training for Oil & Gas
Compliance Solutions offers the most complete and comprehensive online hydrogen sulfide safety awareness training course available in the industry today! Our online course meets or exceeds ANSI and OSHA standards for hydrogen sulfide training programs. Our course FAR surpasses the competition for quality & completeness. This online training was developed to provide students a comprehensive overview of hydrogen sulfide safety and the effects on employees in the workplace. Increasing your awareness of the occurrence of natural and industrial hydrogen sulfide hazards will better equip you to deal with H2S hazards. This is important because hydrogen sulfide exposure has a high mortality rate. H2S Complete for the Oil and Gas Industry allows you to proceed at your own pace to complete this comprehensive, interactive and fully online course.
Due to the large number of documented fatalities among workers and would-be rescuers, Compliance Solutions has identified a clear need for specialized training to address the occupational hazards from hydrogen sulfide.
This industry-specific course is designed for organizations involved in:
- Gas and oil exploration; and
- Gas and oil processing and refining.
This includes oil and natural gas workers who extract and/or refine crude oil and natural gas. These workers are at a higher risk of exposure to hydrogen sulfide.
The purpose of this course is to ensure awareness and promote safety among employees who may be exposed to hydrogen sulfide on-the-job. The objective is to ensure that employees operate in the safest possible manner in locations where contact with hydrogen sulfide, or its byproducts, is possible.
At the conclusion of the course, students should be able to:
- Describe the properties and characteristics of hydrogen sulfide
- Identify the common locations where hydrogen sulfide may be present
- Name symptoms of hydrogen sulfide exposure and describe the potential acute and chronic health effects
- Distinguish the important elements involved in preparing for incidents involving hydrogen sulfide
Understand and document how to respond to a hydrogen sulfide exposure or release
Per ANSI/ASSE, students must complete a minimum of 4 hours (self-paced) training online, and pass a graded final exam with a score of 70% or higher.
This online certification course meets the 4-hour minimum training requirement for hydrogen sulfide training programs per ANSI/ASSE Z390.1-2010 Section 7.2: Accepted Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Training Programs and OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200, Hazard Communications.
- Hydrogen Sulfide Safety Awareness Certification: Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate and wallet ID card for verification at worksites that require awareness-level ANSI certification. The certification also denotes training under OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200 – Hazard Communications. This comprehensive course covers BOTH standards.
- Retraining of Hydrogen Sulfide Safety Awareness Certification: Per ANSI/ASSE Z390.1-2010, Section 6.2:“Due to the extreme hazards involved in H2S operations, each individual covered by this standard should be trained annually.”
- BONUS! Included in your registration is a copy of Comply-Check: Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), free for download. Comply-Check was designed by Compliance Solutions as both a learning aid and a job aid for the real-world. Each page of Comply-Check features a key topic from the training course, along with important facts, action-items, and terminology.
- Properties and characteristics of H2S
- Industries and locations affected by H2S
- Sources of H2S
- Chemical byproducts of H2S
- Chemical incompatibilities of H2S
- Signs of H2S exposure
- Routes of H2S exposure
- Symptoms of H2S exposure
- Treatment of H2S exposure
- Toxicity of H2S
- H2S standards and regulations