Important Notice: This course has a MANDATORY PREREQUISITE: Due to the advanced nature of the content being covered in this course, the student MUST show successful completion of one of the following courses:
- A current IATA Certification (within the last 12 months) or;
- A current DOT Hazmat Transportation Certification (within the last 2 years) under 49 CFR 172.704
A copy of a certificate MUST be faxed to: 303-307-0703 Attn. Director of Transportation Safety BEFORE your registration will be released.
Note: If you took the course with Compliance Solutions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and we will release your registration:
- Student Name
- Month and year you took the course
The IATA Dangerous Goods Training-Online Course is required for employees who are involved in the packaging and shipment of Packed Cargo Air Consignments.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the requirements IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for air consignments.
- Determine suitable packaging type for dangerous goods packed cargo consignments.
- Become familiar with State and Carrier Variations.
- Follow the principles of segregation.
- Determine quantity limitations of dangerous goods offered for transport by air.
- Compute the calculation of Quantity Values.
- Select the correct dangerous goods documentation and marking requirements for air consignments.
- Online exam to be taken upon completion of this course.
CEU’s, Duration, Prerequisites
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Prerequisites: Students MUST have completed a DOT Hazmat Transportation Training Course under 49 CFR 172.704 (HM 181, 126F or 215 AB) BEFORE taking this course. A copy of a certificate showing training within the last 3 years or successful completion of the course with Compliance Solutions is required.
- Classification Requirements
- Loading And Segregation
- Placarding, Labeling And Marking
- State And Operator Variations