IMDG Code Shipping by Ocean. (International, IMO)
From Hazmat Training
IMDG (IMO) Vessel Training provides initial or recurrent training in mandated IMDG regulations and procedures to participants involved with the shipping, handling, and/or transport dangerous goods by vessel. IMDG (IMO) Vessel Training is based on the requirements outlined in 49 CFR and the IMDG Code. Employees who have undergone initial or recurrent training in the past are required by law to undergo recurrent training at least once every three years.
General Training Objectives
- Properly classify or understand the classification requirements of substances and articles according to their proper hazard class
- Assign or verify the assignment of substances and articles to an appropriate identification name and associated UN number
- Select or verify the correct packaging for the dangerous goods being shipped and understand applicable packing requirements
- Select or apply the correct marks, labels, and placards for the material being shipped
- Accurately complete or verify the shipping paper requirements for the transport of dangerous goods by vessel as outlined in the IMDG Code
- Understand the requirements for security, safety, and emergency response as they relate to shipments of dangerous goods, and understand the requirements for training as required by the appropriate national and/or international authorities
- Understand the rules and procedures to be followed for segregation of dangerous goods
Who Should Take IMDG Training
Our IMDG training is intended for shippers, freight forwarders, and hazmat employees involved in the handling, shipping, and/or transport of hazardous materials by ocean.
No reviews were found for IMDG Code Shipping by Ocean. (International, IMO). Be the first to review!