ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Course
The Environmental Management System Standard ISO 14001 provides a generic set of requirements for establishing an Environmental Management System (EMS). The worldwide adoption of this standard has created the need for competent professionals who are able to impartially and effectively assess an EMS. This course, registered by the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) has been designed to develop a clear understanding of environmental management in the modern era and provide those involved in audit conduct and management with the necessary skills to fulfill their role.
Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for anyone performing internal audits of an environmental management system. A pre-requisite for attending this course is that you have practical knowledge and experience of management systems and ISO 14001 as well as an understanding of environmental issues and some knowledge of relevant environmental legislation. Our ISO 14001 Foundation & Internal EMS Auditor (EIA) course will be a useful preparation to this training.
- Environmental management principles
- The role and nature of an EMS
- The aim and structure of the 14000 series and the requirements of ISO 14001
- Assessment of environmental aspect and associated impacts
- Monitoring and enhancement of EMS performance
- Determining environmental legal and regulatory compliance
- Minimizing waste and energy consumption
- Planning, preparing, performing and reporting environmental audits
- Corrective action implementation and follow-up
- Managing the audit process