MICRO - Certified Mold Inspector (CMI) Course
A Certified Mold Inspector (CMI) is a specialist who has been professionally trained to assess both the presence of microbial contamination, and the source of any underlying moisture intrusion. The MICRO CMI certification recognizes an individual as having exhibited a proficiency of knowledge required to perform a professional microbial assessment, identify underlying moisture problems, properly perform air and surface samples and interpret the results. This course is approximately 15-20 hours in duration and is presented in a convenient and comprehensive format that allows you to study at your own pace with 24/7 online access. Micro also offers free phone consultation to add to your learning experience. After successfully completing the online final exam and submitting a mold inspection project, you'll receive a Nationally-recognized MICRO CMI certification.
After successfully completing the online final exam and submitting a mold inspection project, you'll receive a Nationally-recognized MICRO CMI certification.
This course is not a prerequisite for taking the MICRO Certified Mold Remediation Contractor (CMRC) course. If you are interested in both courses you can purchase the combination package at a significantly discounted price.
If you are interested in both the MICRO CMI and CMRC courses you can purchase the combination package at a significantly discounted price of $469.
To purchase this course for $299 go to MICRO CMI Course.
Topics Covered Include:
- Indoor Air Quality
- Types of Mold
- Health Concerns
- Building and Material Science
- Construction Issues
- Structural Systems
- Ventilation and Air Flow
- Mechanical Systems
- Tools of the Trade
- Initial Customer Contact
- The Exterior Inspection
- The Interior Inspection
- Interpreting Results
- Establishing Your Inspection Business
- Managing Risk
Course Materials You Receive:
- MICRO Inspection Manual
Toxic Mold Solutions DVD
USB Stick includes:
- EPA Documents:
- A brief Guide to Mold, Moisture and Your Home
- Building Air Quality
- Fundamentals of IAQ In Buildings
- HVAC Systems and Indoor Air Quality
- Indoor Air and Toxic Materials
- Moisture, Mold and Mildew
- Mold Remediation In Schools and Commercial Buildings
- Should You Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned
The Inside Story: A Guide to Indoor Air Quality
- OSHA Documents:
- Asbestos Standard for the Construction Industry
- Hand and Power Tools
- Health Effects of Heat – Poster
- Indoor Air Quality in Commercial and Institutional Buildings
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Preventing Mold-Related Problems in the Indoor Workplace
- Small Business Handbook
Small Entity Compliance Guide for Employers that Use Hazardous Chemicals
- Inspection Project Forms:
- EAA Survey Form
- Mold Inspection Checklist
- Mold Inspection Project Booklet
- Sample Inspection Report
- Helpful Tips for Homeowners
- 30-day Software Trial
- Mold Lab Packet with 5 free Spore Trap Analysis Coupon & Pocket Guide
- EPA Documents:
- IICRC- This course qualifies for 14 credit hours
- ACAC- This course qualifies for 20 hours as professional development for ACAC re-certification credit. (NOTE: MICRO is an independent course provider not affiliated with the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC). ACAC does not develop, accredit or approve training courses, nor does it contract with course providers.)
Who Should Take This Course?
Home inspectors, Indoor Air Quality Personnel, Insurance professionals, Real Estate Professionals, Contractors, and those interested in a new career.
None. Some knowledge of construction practices and building science is beneficial, but not essential.
Course fee includes tuition, course materials, online testing and certification, and a 1-year MICRO membership
MICRO Success Guarantee:
If you fail to pass your certification exam for any reason, you can retake our course curriculum and final exam at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.