Stormwater Professional Training Program
This is the official “Stormwater Professional Training Program.” for Home Depot®. This is a mandatory program for all land disturbing contractors and supervisors.
The 8-hour, QCIS-HD® computer based stormwater certificate training program educates and qualifies you to implement and inspect Best Management Practices (BMPs), and maintain a Home Depot® construction site for stormwater compliance.
This training covers the principles and practices of erosion and sediment control as well as the proper reporting and documentation requirements for ensuring compliance under the NPDES Construction General Permit.
This program has been reviewed and recognized by the EPA and is a Level 300 United States Green Build Council approved training.
Federal Construction General Permit
Erosion Control (Condensed)
Sediment Control (Condensed)
Pollution Prevention (Condensed)
On-Site Construction Inspections (Condensed)
- Understand the framework of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program.
- Describe and understand the proper installation and maintenance of Best Management Practices (BMP).
- Inspect entire construction sites and determine possible causes of BMP ineffectiveness and how to correct them.
- Complete an inspection report and document corrective actions for failed or improperly used or installed BMPs.
- Understand the teamwork and communication necessary between owner, operators, contractors and SWPPP designer so the site stays in compliance throughout the construction project.