The Vapor Intrusion Risk Pathway: A Practical Guide
Dr. Blayne Hartman from Hartman Environmental Geoscience will be providing a comprehensive and practical training class on how to understand and assess the Vapor Intrusion Risk Pathway. The workshop will include presentations by EPA representatives and potentially WA-ECY staff on the agency’s vapor intrusion guidance/policy. The course will also cover ramifications of the new ASTM Phase 1 Standard relating to the vapor encroachment condition in Phase 1 assessments.
Course ID: VAQM-405
Course ID: VAQM-405
Continuing Education Units: 1.40CEUs
This workshop is highly interactive with numerous class exercises from real sites and demonstrations on sampling methods. Please see “Course Topics” below for a complete outline of concepts covered.
The course is open to all environmental professionals. Attendees will receive certificates of attendance, and 1.4 CEU’s as credit for 14 hours of instruction.
Attendees will receive a binder containing workshop proceedings and reference material.
This course is open to, and recommended for all environmental professionals who need an understanding of the risks and assessment of the vapor intrusion pathway.
OVERVIEW OF VAPOR INTRUSION
- What is it?
- Why do You Care About it?
- When Should You Care About It?
- At What Sites/Conditions Need You care About It?
REVIEW OF FEDERAL & STATE GUIDANCES
- EPA OSWER
- ITRC & ASTM
- Updates by EPA on their Policy/Guidance
SOME KEY PRINCIPLES
- Partitioning (Henry’s Constants & How to Use
- Contaminant Transport Through the Vadose Zone
- Site Conceptual Models
- Attenuation Factors. What are they? How to Use Them?
- Risk Basics (Understanding Screening Levels)
METHODS TO ASSESS VAPOR INTRUSION
- Indoor Air Measurement
- Direct Measurement of Flux (Flux Chambers)
- Supplemental Investigatory Tools
SOIL GAS SAMPLING & ANALYSIS METHODS
- An Overview of Soil Gas Methods
- Details of Active Soil Gas Surveys
- A Review of the Various Methods
- Cost Effective System Design Considerations
- Fuels Site
- Chlorinated Solvent Site
- Exterior Soil Gas Sampling
- Sub-slab Soil Gas Sampling
- Indoor Air Sampling
No reviews were found for The Vapor Intrusion Risk Pathway: A Practical Guide. Be the first to review!