A key recommendation in ACoP L8 ‘The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems’ is that those who are appointed to carry out the control measures are suitably informed, instructed and trained and that they are suitably assessed. Accordingly, H2o provides a one day Legionella Awareness Training course which ensures that each participant achieves a satisfactory knowledge of Legionnaires’ Disease, Legionella control measures and are suitably informed to carry out the necessary tasks in a technically competent manner.
Some of the topics covered in the course are:
- Basic water chemistry and microbiology;
- A history of Legionnaires’ Disease;
- Legionella and Legionellosis;
- Legionellosis - the risk factors;
- Legionellosis and the law;
- Disinfection and disinfectants; and
- Legionella control measures.
Upon successful completion of the course exam participants will be provided with a training certificate to be included in the site log book.